View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #27
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: [Dungeons][DM only]My first experience in DFRPG/"I smell a Rat"

Few warriors, no thief, almost no casters . . . hmm, what did this party consist of? It sounds like they're the wrong people for the job, and in fact not well cut out for dungeons.

The way to kill a golem-armor swordsman is normally "major force." Looking at the sample delvers in Adventurers and Delvers To Go!: Argua would just bash it; Samar would call on Heroic Might, hope for a high roll, and then bash it; Llandor would shoot it in the eye (it has human vulnerabilities); Miao Miao and Sir Yvor would stab it in the eye (ditto); Masha would bide her time and charge up Breaking Blow with Power Blow; Ælin would try Lightning (treats metal as DR 1); Sister Miriam would max out Sunbolt at 9d and blast it, or put Might on a warrior so the warrior could bash it; Uncle Seamus would let rip with a 4d+4 or bigger Stone Missile; and Zephyra would get angry that it isn't living, so Deathtouch won't work, and just bury it with Entombment. The others would stay out of the way, though warriors who can't bash through the DR might grapple or slam the thing, while casters without good offensive spells might buff allies.

I hope those suggestions help!
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote