View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #105
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Synthesise a Cybercity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Question 77:
What sort of Urban Wildlife is common in YOU-topia?
Answer 77.3 - CephaloPets
These are semi-uplifted squids, octopus and cuttlefish, with the intelligence of a small monkey or a guard dog and with genes for obedience and loyalty, and often implanted with air-gill grates allowing them to leave the water.

NeuroZoo ("zu-oh") produce various lines of CephaloPet, mainly as amusing gimmicks but also as a proof of concept, something to show easily impressed investors wanting to see new advances in neurotechnology.

They generally aren't marketed with any practical purpose, but the street does find its own use for things. They can be implanted with and trained to use various custom cybermods, often including comms or weapons, and some hackers repurpose them as life support for organic mem storage, allowing them to act as a peculiar kind of mem-messenger, like a slippery, rubbery, aquatic carrier pigeon.

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm back in the thread! that was a lot of reading!
Sorry, I missed this. Good to have you back!
----
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
NeuroCorp was doing well managing itself, there were no major shocks in sight, and his new shell was literally in peak physical condition. He started out well, taking a leadership position on the TFM project, but quickly made a fatal mistake.
Sorry if I'm being dense, but what's this refer to? Is it something already mentioned or is it an "idea stub" for us to expand upon?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 01-21-2021 at 08:32 AM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote