View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 01:02 AM   #1
lordDubsenburg

Default New player several specific questions

Hey guys,

I'm new to the game. Haven't gotten a group of guys together to play yet. I've been reading through the rule and some threads to make sure I understand it right and can explain it to my friends. Here are several questions that I had. I'll try to give an example that illustrates my question.

Certain actions can be done only on your turn but not during combat. Playing an item, selling items for levels and changing which items are equipped. What I am not certain on is what constitutes combat. Do I have any time before the “kick down the door” phase to do any of these actions. There was a part that says when your cards are arranged the way you want go on to the next phase. It seems a bit vague. What can be done as part of arranging my cards the way I want.

Can a player ask for help at any point during a combat. Say I'm going up against a monster I am Level 5 and it is level 3 so I wouldn't need any help. Another player then plays a magic missle against me. I would loose, so at that point can I still ask for help from another player? Is there any set sequence that combat breaks down to?

Can you put items in play if you are not able to equip them? If I have 6 cards in my hand. One of them is a Rapier of Unfairness. I don't have an elf race card. Rather than discard the Rapier I could put it into play but not equip it correct? I could still potentially sell it or use it to power a discard ability in later turn.

How does floating nose work if it is played with wandering monster. In the rules it says that abilities are applied to the whole combat and both monsters I thought(I don't have the rules to quote and be more specific here). If the bribe cost of the floating nose is played does that remove just the floating nose or both monsters from combat.

The Clerics resurrection ability can be used when cards are drawn face up. Door cards are drawn face up and that seems fairly straightforward. On treasures the rules say they are drawn face down if you do the combat alone and face up if there are two players involved. The bargaining for treasure part says that you agree on the amount of treasures and who picks first, such as "I get two of the three treasures but you pick first". How does that work with the cleric using resurrection because one less card will be drawn from the deck. So if it is three treasures does the cleric have to state his intent to use resurction on one card at this point so that only two cards are drawn from the deck and the third from the discard? How is this usually done or communicated in the bargaining. Is there such an odd possibility that the cleric could use ressurrection and the other, non cleric player could draw it because he was the one picking first?

There is a kill the hireling and go up a level card. It states that you do not have to own the hireling. If I am playing with a set that has more than one hireling (I also bought Need for Steed) The player playing the card would select the hireling being killed correct?

Im pretty sure on this one but I’ll ask just to make sure. On halfbreed I can use it to either have one race with no disadvantages or two races with their disadvantages. If I play it while I have one race card in play am I locked down to being the one race with no disadvantages or can I at a later point still play a second race card?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the forum aimed at entry level understanding
lordDubsenburg is offline   Reply With Quote