safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Default Re: Low-Tech Armor - Proposal for some modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
Fair enough, but doing that in a thread about a specific rule by a specific author in a specific book is easy to read as meaning something more specific ...
I don't think the general comments about the difficulty of matching everyone's expectations are out of line. It's certainly nothing compared to your comments directed at me in this thread.

Quote:
I don't think that any two people given the same shelf of books and rules engines would come up with exactly the same armour rules, but I think that the ones in Low Tech (corrected by Dan's errata) do a good job of consistency with the rest of the system and with reality.
Oh, I agree. Dan's rules are a good and welcome improvement. With the exception of the edge-protection rule, which I've explained my complaints about before, the vanilla rules work fairly well. I don't believe the benchmarks on the upper and lower ends are correct in some cases, but the middle is the middle and it works for the most part. Some of the rules (maintenance, targeting of armor articulation) were written at my suggestion, so obviously I like them best. ;)
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote