View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #296
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'd wave the MP fee. And I'd say that friends who want to save the MP can use the 9 or less collision rules. It will bite them eventually. So yes.
Waving the MP in exchange for potentially needing to spend AP on a dodge if you do collide does seem pretty balanced, especially with the modified pricing system Cole did in his blog where I think it was 2 AP for 100% MP and 1 AP for 50% MP or thereabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think you would have ended up in my hex if you were trying to evade me... and I think evasion normally does allow you to pass someone but end in their hex. I've got this image of Jacky Chan rolling through someone's legs and then popping up behind them in what gurps calls close combat.
Yeah otherwise you'd get this weird situation where if you evaded from shared-hex (face to face) to "back to back" if you were forced to exit the hex you could only do a back-kick but not a backfist.

I was thinking one balanced way might be to treat that 1 MP as a "step within a hex without exiting". The idea how you're each occupying half-ish of a hex (three of six triangles) and even if you don't accidentally hit each other, probably ended up taking some kind of less-efficient pathway in doing so.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote