View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Alternate Form, how to limit the time one can stay in a form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
So, would it be logical to hinder the base form's healing or fatigue recovery because of a disadvantage only the other form has?
What I would probably rule in that case is that a Dependency in an Alternate Form creates a sort of limited Non-Reciprocal Healing. You still heal normally in your base form. However, if you don't meet the criteria for the Dependency, the alternate form's HP/FP don't heal - that is, when you transform back, you'll find yourself down by the same ammount of HP as when you shifted out.
So someone who's Dependency is "my normal form" of course qualifies for the Dependency, and heals normally, not worrying about tracking damage to the alternate form separately. However, the guy with the Dependency to irradiated dragon blood might be able to heal the 5 HP of damage while he's in his natural form, but unless he spends at least one time period with some irradiated dragon blood before transforming again, those 5 HP are going to come right off again the next time he transforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
There's also the hypothetical case of an Afflicted Dependency that then wears off - would you say that no longer having the Dependency would also then allow the damage to be healed without meeting the condition?
An Afflicted Dependency, though, really does go away. The Alternate Form Dependency is more put on hold, IMO. I'd certainly allow the Afflicted Dependency's damage to be healed once it wore off, it's true.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote