View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
transmetahuman

Default Re: Alternate Form, how to limit the time one can stay in a form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen
Hmm. It's an interesting point, but one problem springs to mind. I've always assumed that Dependency doesn't let you heal the damage incurred until the Dependency's condition is met. So while the character with Dependency (reverting to natural form) and Dependency (dragon's blood) may stay in their alternate form for the same length of time, the character with the dragon's blood requirement would find it much harder to return to their alternate form until they found a good supply of dragon's blood to restore their FP.
Hmmm, good point yourself. I'm pretty sure you're right about not being able to heal damage until the condition is met - but the default AF doesn't have Non-Reciprocal Damage, the base form takes proportional damage. In fact the whole point of using this technique for Spirit Warriors depends on shared fatigue damage, at least to emulate 3e Voodoo.

So, would it be logical to hinder the base form's healing or fatigue recovery because of a disadvantage only the other form has? I'm talking about other kinds of Dependency, like the irradiated dragon blood example. There's also the hypothetical case of an Afflicted Dependency that then wears off - would you say that no longer having the Dependency would also then allow the damage to be healed without meeting the condition? I think most GMs would, and I think I'd rule that the base form isn't hindered by the AF's Dependency's unhealing (which the character no longer "has"). But I could see it going either way, and of course the RAW agrees with you.

Last edited by transmetahuman; 02-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote