View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
Progmode

Default Re: Space Munchkin Anti-Matter and Solar flare interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrat
May be I'm stupid, but the Antimatter card says that Item with highest bonus "now carries penalty equal to it's former bonus...You can discard it at any time, but it will cost you 2 Levels. Nothing else will reduce or remove the penalty and there is no other way to get rid of this item"
So, the card says, that it is still an Item. Did I miss something?
(Emphasis mine.)

I think you're focusing on the wrong part of the card's text. The text I put in bold should be all you need.

As Erik said, the only way to get rid of the Antimattered item is to pay the 2 level cost. That means Bad Stuff, Curses, selling for levels, trading, stealing, etc. will not let you rid yourself of the item.

When Erik says it's not an item for all intents and purposes, he most likely means that there's no point in calling it that because nothing that would normally rid yourself of an item will have any effect on it. It may technically be an item, but what good does that distinction do for you?

So, summary:
1. Erik's (MunchkinMan) word is law.
2. Erik says it's not considered an item anymore.
3. You could always make your own house rule if you don't like what Erik says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan
I guess I don't understand, at this point, what difference it makes.
I guess if it's still an item you could put an Item Enhancer on it if you really wanted an even more negative bonus.
Progmode is offline   Reply With Quote