View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #15
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Good Vehicles to introduced new Players to the Game . Thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Sad to say, but: Subs are pretty-much worthless -- unless one is building a gasburner, they can only be built as 2-weapon-space "hammer on an eggshell", or 1-weapon-space "speed freak" designs. I have in my notes a program for dropping Sub body mass to 750 lbs. (to bring it in line with the other bodies), and allowing 1-sp. Turrets (with Compacts returning to 2-sp Tu. maximum), to give Subs a bit more flexibility in design.

On that: I don't agree with your assessment of the _Micro-Mouse_ -- the HD ammo means an average of 4.5 damage per shot; given the armor, the L & R are penetrated about the 3rd or 4th shot, the B 4th or 5th. That should be fast enough to keep the players engaged (excuse the pun).
Was I off by one? Cripes, this has just not been my week. I stand corrected.

Those numbers are better, yeah...I'd still be leery, if only because of the nose mount. Given that it's named "Micro Mouse (road)", somehow I get the feeling it's meant for highway battles, and I'm speaking from the perspective of arena battles...where it's a lot harder to get a quality shot against the same side of the same vehicle turn in and turn out.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote