View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
jason taylor

Default Re: NPC Characterisation Help - Addicted to adrenaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoSoulEater View Post
Hi all!

So I'm working on an antagonist for the next plot arc in my campaign, and having a little trouble defining the character behaviourally.

The campaign happens in an ATE setting.

The character is one with some military training and discipline, whom has acquired a psionic gift allowing exceptional reaction and coordination; but only as a side effect of the release of substantive amounts of adrenaline. This character has thusly formed a severe addiction to adrenaline - often resulting in seeking combat and dangerous situations.

Mechanically this gives him Altered Time Rate and Enhanced Time Sense (both with psionic, accessibility [adrenaline or shock], temporary -1 dx** -1 iq**), 1/2 move*). Psychological Addiction [adrenaline, shock]
* this is to maintain the limits of his physical body. In a single second he can still only move his standard distance, etc
** penalties for a less impacting euphoria / bliss

The characters addiction is consistently worsening. They likely started getting the rush from simple situations such as fisticuffs with the drink or driving like an idiot. It's now at the level that he actively seeks firearm combat, dangerous mutants, and other life /death situations.

The problem I am having is identifying what social or behavioural traits he may have as a result of this addiction (and the rewards his addiction give him).

What tics he might have acquired, odd habits, thoughts, beliefs or impulses, etc. I fielding any and all ideas, as I know very little about addiction and is effects as is.

-dingo
Try looking up some famous people like warriors, athletes, adventurers, etc who obviously act like they are addicted to adrenaline and watch how they behave.