View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #695
RedMattis

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Pee_Kitty
The ability to survive as an astral entity when you die would require more than Insubstantiality -- you'd also need Invisibility, Doesn't Breathe, and all of the other stuff included in the Astral Entity metatrait.

I'd recommend figuring the customized cost of an Astral Entity meta-trait (i.e., the cost of the meta-trait minus the cost of any traits that you'd lose by being dead), then charge the player half of that cost as a "potential advantage". If he dies, he gets to become an Astral Entity and immediately has to start paying for the meta-trait with earned cp.
I don't have my books here, but doesn't powers say that you get the astral entity meta-trait if your body dies (and you make the Will-15 roll)?
That said, doesn't breathe should probably be added too the versions that can willingly project their spirits. Invisibility is not something I'd require for something like that, afterall the spirit is still in our world, and has yet to move to the spiritworld/afterlife whatever. Depending on your setting spirits may or may not be invisible ;)