View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 10:50 AM   #291
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Reslin elaborates: "Usually the idiot is trying something foolish, like stopping us from collecting booty. One or two of them we just had to remove to keep the secret"

as julian expresses some sort of idea that such actions are bad and not good for soldiers he gets a confused look:

"The rules of war are for armies. If we get caught, we're dead. Quickly if we're lucky. I'm not following some fool idea that's going to get me caught."
I listen to his piece. "Right. Cause you do so much looting before you capture the teleport Vasic and bring in your army."

I briefly recall news reports last year. "Oh right, and looting's bad too."

Quote:
Togar: "Naw, you'd just boil."
I'll at least try to explain, "No, as you go u-- down, there's less air. Eventually, so little air, can't breath."

Quote:
OCC: you're actually correct about the mode death for this spot (suffocation as the humidity and heat rise too high to allow for gas exchange in the lungs) and Togar is wrong, but he doesn't know that. No one has really lived to tell commando soldiers.
To be fair, Julian's right for the wrong reason. He figured, "In about a minute, you'd fall as far as Mt. Everest, and people on Mount Everest need O2 tanks to breathe."

Quote:
Is this for one of their knives, or for a random sharp branch? (you can choose)
I was assuming Julian was tied up such that he could barely move from where he was tied, so I'll stick with random sharp branch or whatever (I was actually thinking rock, but now that I think of it, that's pretty unlikely). Should be enough to start weakening the ropes, and easy enough to get rid of in a pinch.

Once I pick up the stick (assuming it worked OK), I'll start weakening the ropes, starting with the ones on the pack.

No idea what to roll for that, assuming holdout fits (cutting ropes on yourself). Maybe stealth?
Quote:
[82] 22-10-24 18:48:21 CEST
Holdout
3d6 <= 12
1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote