View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:57 AM   #230
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
But I, there's no, I'm not, it can't; stop. Breathe. Focus on something else. That tingly ozone feeling is on my face. Is it warming my face or am I just feeling the air in front of me?
Just the air. the "Energy" is the tingly ozone feeling.

Quote:
I take it he isn't bearded.
No, this is a different guy.

Quote:
Maybe I could try playing dumb: "How are you going to do that with three spears and six people?"
"With more than three spears and six men. We might have to wait a while"

Quote:
I'll start writing/doodling in my diary, if only to get them used to idea, while waiting and seeing what they do next. Surely they have better things to do than stand around here and guard me.
"Hey! stop that!" one of the men aims a kick at Julian.

The tall man and the man in the stone talk a bit more. The man in the stone is Paldrian*. The tall man is named Tarbreth. They discuss the timeline of a upcoming "operation".

Tarbreth: "If the spears hadn't been stolen, and we hadn't killed any guards, it'd be doable. But that's in the past. We're short on weapons, and they're on high alert. I don't think we can strike in the next 40 stones, and they'll really step up the search for us."

Paldrian: "Normally I'd say go to ground... but we've got the boy. He might make all of this worth while. "

Tarbreth: "Would he? he might be a replacement for a single 10lb stone. And it won't be worth anything unless he can be trained."

Paldrian: "I wouldn't count on that. Can you get out?"

Tarbreth: "With the boy? I don't think so. He'll stand out like a torch if we use a teleportation stone, and I don't trust him with a glider. That leaves trekking across the ceiling to Paglog."

Paldrian: "Then make the trek"

Tarbreth: "That's easier to say than to walk"

*curse me mispelling my own made up names!

Quote:
Did Julian practice the heat pattern? Given I pluralized patterns, I'd assume yes. Is the light pattern on his cheek warming his cheek internally or just incidentally from warm air and such?
yeah, he practiced the heat pattern. The light pattern isn't warming his cheek.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote