View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #33
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Giving mental disadvantages as results of behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
I was not just referring to accidental violations (though someone with Honesty should probably carefully try to avoid those as well). Most people occasionally decide to exceed the speed limit even in situations where keeping the speed limit wouldn't be dangerous. Even for those who always try to stay within the speed limit when reasonably possible, it is not at all uncommon to consider some other law unimportant enough to be broken.
I can't think of any laws that I consider unimportant enough to knowingly break. There are laws that I might consider breaking because of an ethical consideration, but that's a reasonable case of conflicting quirks.

Quote:
Uncertainty about what is happening can certainly contribute, but the effect persists to a large extent even when it is clear that someone needs help.
I don't think that the studies at all support this. Usually if you make the subject aware that they personally are in a position to help, most people do.
Quote:
It is far easier to justify not acting when it seems that everyone around you are doing the same thing.
Yes, but that's because people have confusion about what their role is, not because they don't wish to help. Somebody with Charitable or Responsive could also be in a situation where they fail to help because they aren't certain they are able to.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 10-25-2016 at 01:05 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote