View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 04:38 AM   #1
BeniJmnz

Default Losing Hireling or Class/Race during combat

Quote:
Q. If somebody changes your Race or Class during combat (such as with a Curse), does that change your combat bonuses?
A. Yes. If you quit being an Elf, you can no longer get a bonus from Elf-only items, and so on. You can never get the benefit of two Races or two Classes in one combat unless you have a special card that allows it. Powers driven by discards are an exception, however. If a Warrior had already discarded a card to get a +1 combat bonus, and then stopped being a Warrior, he would keep the bonus, but wouldn't be able to discard any more cards for the Warrior bonus. Yes, this rule can be used to the player's advantage. Hee hee. (However, you cannot discard a Class/Race/etc. and play another copy of that card to use its abilities twice.)
- Can i use a potion that can be used only by Elfs, and then change my race?
- If someone kills my hireling and i'm in combat, is item in combat yet?
For example, if i have an item that only can be used by Warrior, there are some possibilities
1) I'm not a warrior. When hireling is killed, i play warrior. Can i use this item in current combat?
2) i'm a warrior. Hireling is killed. Can i use this item in current combat?
3) Hireling carries a big item, but i have another one in play. Hireling dies. Can i play a dwarf card to avoid loose one of them?
3b) if i have to discard a big item, do i have to give it to anyone or can i discard it?

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 09-07-2017 at 08:38 AM.
BeniJmnz is offline   Reply With Quote