View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #26
hal

Default Re: Binary propellant and Standard TL 8 guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
I've put together a spreadsheet that estimates drag deceleration for velocity and then approximates vertical and horizontal velocity, acceleration, and distance traveled for about 300 delta-Ts*, and delta-T is configurable (so I use delta-T = 0.05 for pistol bullets and delta-T = 0.5 for 16" cannon shells). It can calculate maximum range and 1/2d for any angle of fire between 1 degree and 89 degrees. If you're interested and don't want to reinvent the wheel, I'll pull it into it's own spreadsheet and share it.

I checked the numbers versus US naval cannon, and the numbers look close enough - within 5-10% of the published maximum ranges.

* You can add more cells, but recalculating through 300 columns already takes a while.
I would love the spreadsheet please. Email me via Forums, and I'll send back a response to the email you tell me to respond to. Once we open up channels, we can discuss how to make your spreadsheet work faster via macros if you want (think VBA when you see the word Macros, and think VB.NET dumb cousin when you think VBA).

Thank you for the offer, much appreciated!
hal is offline   Reply With Quote