View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #22
hal

Default Re: Binary propellant and Standard TL 8 guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
"Not enough improvement to be worth the trouble" has been the fate of many new schemes for small arms. This is also the likely fate of any schemes for military small arms that are not 5.56mm.
I started to ask what happened to the Future Warrior or Land Warrior program, but net searched the question and got my answers. It has apparently become the Nett Warrior program (in honor of Robert B. Nett). I find it interesting that they're using improved cell phones as part of the equipment per one Wikipedia article (and who knows how much to trust that!). But I'm guessing then - that it is best to ignore the binary propellant, and the Electrothermal-chemical as well. Again, it uses as a baseline, the caseless rounds for what kind of damage it offers.

Frankly? I think the best route to take with this is to apply the ETC rules to ANY conventional round as it appears to make the combustion of propellant more optimized. Otherwise, like the Binary, too "new" and probably not worth considering for anything save perhaps specialty weapons (such as a sniper rifle for example).

Perhaps the best thing to do is simply use TL 8 guns in a TL9 campaign on the premise that some of the TL 7 guns are still in production and use today.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote