View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM   #9
Jennifer

Default Re: {In Nomine} Favorite Canon Superiors?

I like Superiors for whom I can spin nifty extrapolations off of the canon. What follows are largely such extrapolations, and should not be taken as canon.

Marc - He's the Archangel who realizes that every human has an inseparable combination of selflessness and selfishness, and figures out how to work with that dichotomy to achieve the best results (and destinies) nonetheless. He is the little-considered third Superior to favor high Ethereal Forces in his Servitors, after Blandine and Jean. In many ways, he is Asmodeus's true opponent at the great game of intrigue - Dominic concerns himself more with Heaven's internal affairs, but Marc shines at intelligence gathering. He has a Mercurian's talent for people and relationships, and his Word lends itself well to recruiting spies. I mean, really - James Bond? Was "James Letter-of-Credit" too obvious?

Haagenti - His relationship with Kobal is fascinating, founded as it seems to be on unselfish emotions. Haagenti is one of the two younger major Princes who can be considered a custom job, crafted for power by an elder Superior with whom he is still on good terms. He's also got the highest DP kill count around, beating Archangels and Demon Princes alike. I can't help but wonder if Haagenti /is/ the punch line to Kobal's big joke - a weapon crafted to slaughter Demon Princes, controllable only by love.

Jean - Elohite, geek. Need more be said?

Nybbas - Nybbas is humanity's bitch. His Word is powerful, but it's controlled by humanity, not by Nybbas. Sure, he gets the huge rush of Word-Essence - but it's all tainted by humanity's ideas and passions. The Media is a very light grey Word right now - and Nybbas is perforce a light-grey Prince. Nybbas is an indicator of how the War for humanity's hearts and minds is going. Right now, Hell is just barely ahead. Should Heaven take a decisive lead, Nybbas would either redeem or be destroyed by Word-friction. Is this what Vapula had in mind for his little Impudite?
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote