View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #22
Ultraviolet

Default Re: [Basic] RoF and Random Location

Back in 3rd ed we played around a lot with House Ruled to-hit mechanics, and once someone found a fancy hit location charts using first 1d for the Region and 3d for the Location we went crazy. Or actually a roll of 4d with one of them a different colour.

So, for a relatively low penalty you could go for a Region (Head, Center-Mass, Upper Body, Lower Body, Specific Arm, or Legs) but had to risk rolling a poor Location. E.g. Head Region also covered shoulders and upper chest, at the extreme end of the table.

Or you could go for the fulll penalty and just go for a specific Location.

We then made lots of extra house rules that unarmed punches tend to go for the head/upper body at that it shouldn't be too hard to hit. And kicks to the lower body. And we had high skill people who had too easy a time hitting Vitals every time. So we ruled that Unarmed could only target Regions, but a a penalty reduced by 1.
And - as I come to my point in this thread - subsequent hits in autofire would scatter within the Region.
So an Aimed shot at a specific Location would hit this place, and the rest would hit elsewhere i the Region.
And Unaimed shots would roll first Region then Location for the first shot, the rest would scatter to other Locations within the Region.
And finally that shotgun shotshells would roll a Location and the dice of damage would distribute to this and the neighbouring locations.