View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #1205
quarkstomper

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Okay, this is one from an old, old Teenagers From Outer Space campaign I ran way back when I lived in Darkest Iowa. One of the NPC's was Rivalsan Lendo, heir to a powerful ninja clan/multinational corporation from the comic book NINJA HIGH SCHOOL (and based himself on characters like Shutaro Mendou from URUSEI YATSURA and Kuno from RANMA 1/2. He was an arrogant jerk, and prone to overly dramatic declarations.

At the beginning of one session, I had Lendo stride into the Sakura Inn, the local sushi/ice cream parlor, (doesn't every town have one?), strike a dramatic pose at the counter and declaim:

"I want a chocolate shake.
I want a chocolate shake as deep as my sorrow.
I want a chocolate shake as thick as my despair.
I want a chocolate shake as cold as a maiden's heart.
And a straw."

Lendo, you see, had an unrequited passion for one of the PCs, Ranma Satome, (unaware of the fact that Ranma is only a girl half the time). Another of the PCs had a crush on Lendo which was also unrequited because Lendo was an oblivious jerk.

I can no longer remember exactly how that particular session went down, although there were undoubtedly the typical misunderstandings, confusions, old situations, new complications, etc.

But I remember how the session ended. Lendo managed to end up the goat, and to anger pretty much everybody -- especially the PC who liked him, or did.

At the end of the adventure, she stormed up to the counter of the Sakura Inn and said:

"I WANT A CHOCOLATE SHAKE.
I WANT A CHOCOLATE SHAKE AS DEEP AS MY RAGE.
I WANT A CHOCOLATE SHAKE AS COLD AS MY FURY.
I WANT A CHOCOLATE SHAKE AS THICK AS A BOY'S HEAD!!!"