View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #101
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
That was more or less a stream of consciousness, to be honest. is Dreaming a supernatural ability? I was leaning towards the Focus, Summoning and Banishment(from CPG, and as written, unless any house rules vary). I am only somewhat familiar with the Thelemite tradition personally, from research into it a number of years ago, and associations with several practitioners. I am not myself a follower of that tradition and never have been, so I beg pardon for any misrepresentation, I assure you it is unintentional. If you would prefer, I could change his tradition, but The character as he is currently forming is definitely a selfish individual, but as you said, not an intrinsically evil person.
In backwards order:
I'm a Thelemite but I'm not remotely dogmatic about it. I'm a huge Christopher Hitchens fan. I call Crowley "the Old Bat" to the consternation of other Thelemites...which IMHO is the proper attitude. Long pseudo-theological argument there, but to those not in the know, it's a bit like calling the prophet Mohammed "Gabe's dude". So get poetic with it--this is a game.

Will look at Summoning and Banishment again, and see if it isn't overpowered to combine them under Command:Go There. Not promising it.

Focus...also will have to read when I get home.

No idea on Dreaming--folks?