View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #4
43Supporter

Default Re: A Bit Of Silliness: The _CW_ Food Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
It looks like a car van trailer is a good candidate (as a lot of them seem to be caravans) as well from the images I saw and others that looked like the back end of a bus.
[nod] Most car trailers could easily accommodate a Galley; exact design is left as an exercise for the reader. :)

Quote:
With two turrets a 30' bus could be an ideal platform. Removing the requirement to carry passengers makes their capacity far more useful. You could easily allow 3 spaces per person for internal dining (passenger accommodation is only 2 spaces per person) and you could fit 8 people in easily and leave plenty of room for plant/weapons etc.
Full-size Buses and Semi-Trailers have the same problem: They're *too* big for a pod to accommodate. I think upper-limit would be a 15' car trailer.

There's also the expense -- even a lightly-armed and -armored full-size bus is a spendy bit of kit. (Dang, I've been watching too many reruns of _Wheeler Dealers_. :) )

Quote:
I assumed that as minibuses only had 6 armour locations they would only carry a single turret, but I note that under weapons all buses long sides have front and back half and can mount two turrets (with no exception for minibuses). Is the received wisdom that I was correct all these years and this is an oversight, or can they have two turrets.
Six armor facings; one turret. See _VG2_.

Quote:
Sudden though Catalogue From Hell?
Correct. :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote