View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: I smell a Rat + Halls of Justice (spoilers for the former)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
So I'm using the grapple rules from HoJ. I'm approaching the finale against Merle and I'm looking for ways to make the fight not trivial in roughly 2 turns by a Wrestler with grappling ST 28 and enough control points to apply -16 to DX in one successful grapple. Obviously without making the wrestler useless. However, I'm not above making the Wrestler falling back to weapon use since he did single-handedly turn the fight on the sword-golem already.

Merle doesn't seem to have any counter to this while his Unkillable suggests that the fight is to last awhile.
I'm not familiar with that fight off the top of my head - is there a way to prevent your Wrestler from instantly closing the distance? The way to not get killed by a grapple-hero is to not get grappled, not beat them at their own game.

Even so: can you do a grease-type spell? Or literal oil/slippery stuff? Essential oil of slipperiness? Something that gives DR against grappling? That's a cheat, but this is the Dungeon Fantasy RPG: monsters get to cheat.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote