View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #178
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Mapmaker View Post
Wow, you are thorough! But that's good. Keeps me on my toes!
There's very little that I'd take issue with in your review, and honestly, I always feel weird about responding to reviews anyway - the reviewers thoughts are the reviewer's thoughts. Hall of Judgment is important to me, and I think - though perhaps I am overstating the case out of pride - to the GURPS community as the prototype "third party licensing" experiment.

So I waffle - the "linearity" of this particular scenario is an oft-cited issue, and while it was much more true of Lost Hall, it's still got strong residuals in this one. On the other hand, "I'm driving to do something in Austin, TX from Minneapolis, MN" only has a few ways to get that done, and if your goal is also to see Colorado Springs, well, there are limited ways to travel.

Regardless, your reviews are nicely detailed and provide far more editorial content than others I've read. I like folks who offer up their opinions; the ones I agree with reinforce what I need to do in the future, and the ones I disagree with force me to think about why, and if it needs to change (because future product will be better addressing it) or not (because it's subjective, because it was key for some other reason, or whatever).

So keep it up. With luck and sales, I'll have more for you to chew on in the future!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote