View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Never coded before, Help

Ah, yeah, I'm sorry about that. That's not a standard racial template, which is usually just a fixed set of traits. So, no, Save As won't work for you here.

Unfortunately, if you also want to require specific modifiers be applied to certain traits, then the Template Builder won't work for you either. It doesn't support pre-selected modifiers on the traits in that fashion.

If you want specific modifiers applied to specific traits available in a selection dialog, then congrats, you've picked one of the hardest possible things to require support for, and there's simply no easy way to do it without hand-coding it in a data file.

Your statement about what the template requires seems relatively straight-forward, so it's likely the required modifiers that are the only hangup. If the modifiers are fixed, you might be able to save versions of the modified traits to a data file with a suitable name, and include those in your race template Select boxes, instead of the base versions that need the modifiers added. (If the traits with the modifiers are basically immutable for the template, you might also simply create brand new traits at the right costs with the right effects, and avoid modifiers entirely.)

Or, if you want to post your race template here, I'll see if I can find some time to take a whack at it for you next week.