View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Digital Duplication problem: combining digital, construct, and no 'first dupe' .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Mmm. Missed the incompatability with Digital. You'll probably want to go with the Unkillable build then, and come up with some other version of the Trigger to "reactivate" a copy. "Find new hardware to act as a host and spend an hour Concentrating on copying yourself" sounds sufficiently inconvenient.

In retrospect, I would have gone with the Unkillable build - I think it's just plain simpler, and makes it a lot clearer what the actual effect of this sort of modification is - your character becomes silly hard to kill off.

I don't think there's an issue with there being no #0, any more than there is an issue with vanilla Unkillable - which is after all the advantage of being impossible to kill. You just have to price it out accordingly.
Well, by canon infomorphs have Extra Life (Copy, Needs Body) instead of Unkillable. But the extra problem is that I'm building a NAI for a setting where xoxing NAIs for personal use is no big deal compared to THS (as long as you maintain proper licensing...).