View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #8
Bruno

Default Re: Digital Duplication problem: combining digital, construct, and no 'first dupe' .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh View Post
Yes it does, however it has three problems:
  • If #0 is destroyed, then #1 and up cannot duplicate.
  • NAIs can't meaningfully pay FP.
  • It is incompatible with Digital in the first place.
Mmm. Missed the incompatability with Digital. You'll probably want to go with the Unkillable build then, and come up with some other version of the Trigger to "reactivate" a copy. "Find new hardware to act as a host and spend an hour Concentrating on copying yourself" sounds sufficiently inconvenient.

In retrospect, I would have gone with the Unkillable build - I think it's just plain simpler, and makes it a lot clearer what the actual effect of this sort of modification is - your character becomes silly hard to kill off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
I strongly suspect that making it so there is no #0 would shatter game balance at any cost. Inspired by Invincible I would suggest having #0 never go into the field and taking Zeroed (-20% only for the location of #0). That way it will seem that there is no original to almost everyone and leave the potential for being in real danger open.

I don't think there's an issue with there being no #0, any more than there is an issue with vanilla Unkillable - which is after all the advantage of being impossible to kill. You just have to price it out accordingly.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote