View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
Set

Default Re: How balanced is it to allow Martial Arts options in a Dungeon Fantasy campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Many of these rules already live in Dungeon Fantasy in the form of Power-Ups.

Usually, the more exotic options have flourishes, like a fatigue cost, to limit their use or add-ons to inflate their character point cost a bit.

In that spirit, take a look at the power-ups and make some for the techniques you want to integrate in a similar way. Be sure to charge a point for "Unique Technique" and include something in the mix to make sure it desn't turn the PC into a one trick pony...

Just my 0.02$ YMMV
Ah, you can always say "Not today!" to one trick ponies haha.

Anyways it is a good suggestion, I'll surely take a shot at creating those things. Probably the throat-slitting thing I've created in another thread will be a power-up for thieves, ninjas and assassins. I'll adapt it, and maybe include some cinematic options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
From what I've seen, it's actually a little underwhelming. It's good, and building a character around any of those options can make for a good character, but I don't think could be optimized better with those options being allowed. Only TA might be too strong, but really that only applies at point totals below ~260. Past that and it balances out fine.
I see!

So I will not allow TAs for the 125-points adventure, while allowing it for the 300-points one.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Set is offline   Reply With Quote