View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #48
trooper6

Default Re: Rapid Healing and Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
The Unusual Background cost makes it mundane. A DR of 1 or 2 is perfectly reasonable as well, but it's rare for normal humans to have, so you slap them with a UB cost. So is a cinematic skill here and there provided you paid the Perk "Special Exercise" point for it. That's one of the points of Unusual Background: to make something that normally would not be allowed (for whatever reason), available to a character (via whatever interpretation).

Arguably, Slow Regeneration is perfectly valid for mundane characters, it's just "rare," and so we require that they purchase it with a UB cost.
Unusual Background doesn't make something mundane. It makes you able to purchase something not normally available. Using UB to be able to have the Flight power doesn't make the Flight power mundane.

Also, UBs must be approved by the GM. And I'm telling you that when I'm running a game where the players are normal humans, I'm not approving a UB that allows exotic or supernatural advantages.

Just because it is in the book doesn't mean the players get to have access to it.
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote