View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Dalillama

Default Re: Thrown weapons in IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
Doesn't the CPG have more weapons in it? (I know I was looking at the errata and found some for more weapons...)
It does, but not spears. Also, many of them are things like chainsaws and cattle prods, which are out of place in a historical game.
Quote:
I think the key design thing is that celestials are supposed to get face-to-face and rumble, not throw things at each other from "safe" distances or have firefights where cover and aim might matter. (For those, use GURPS...)
Granted, but what about people who are throwing things at them while they're trying to get up face to face? Boarding actions traditionally involve a certain amount of hurling edged and/or pointy things in the course of trying to get aboard or keep someone from doing so.

EDIT: Also, using GURPS would mean having to round up 3e players and/or trying to adapt G:IN to 4e, and I remember the last time we tried to do that on the boards here.
Quote:
Which doesn't actually help if you want those rules, of course, but bear in mind that the combat system for IN really is tuned for face-to-face, and you may want to tweedle anything else a lot more than you might expect, depending on your PCs.
So far I haven't got any of those. :( Someone expressed mild interest in the Play by Post thread lower down, but nothing since then.

Last edited by Dalillama; 12-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote