View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #186
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons Exploring a New Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Monte publicly supports the game, approves of where the design is going, and actively trusts the work of the people carrying it forward. Furthermore, he is willing to consult on further development in the future.

His specific conflict was with Corporate/Management, not overcreative/design differences.
Read it again. Monte left for differences with the management, not with the design team. However, this could mean many things: pay issues, work hour issues, attribution issues, chain of command issues, etc... or it could mean that management wanted something into the game that Monte would not sign in. For example, imagine (completely nonsensical example) that management wanted MLP as a PC race, and Monte said "no way, I'm not putting my name under that decision". It would fit what Monte has said, and yet it would it would be a creative/design issue.

Also, even if Monte approves of the current state of the game, there's no guarantee that what ends up being published has his approval. Once he leaves, he washes his hands on the creative process.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote