View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 02:38 PM   #3
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: 3d Printing hints and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkc View Post
I hope you don't mind if I use this space to share the things I've learned too. I feel like these are things that experienced 3D printer users know already, but that we should make a point of documenting anyway.
I hoped this would be something all of us would use to add hints and tips.

3D printing is awesome!

Quote:
If you have the cash, one or more extra build plates are really useful even if you only have the one resin printer. The washing, cleaning and curing process is pretty time-intensive for more complex prints, and being able to to just slap a second plate into the printer to get the next model going in parallel is really convenient and efficient.
Yes. This is a big thing. I'm pretty good about just scraping off the build plate into the alcohol bath, then slapping the plate back on. My plate never goes in the bath unless I'm having trouble with it, then the whole thing goes in.

But, I do have a spare build plate. Just in case.

My spare build plate, for my M3 was only $25 with shipping.

Quote:
Stuff falls into the resin tank all the time, and it's annoying as anything. I've taken to sweeping the bottom of the tank with a cheap plastic spoon just before printing, to make sure that a support or other fiddly bit hasn't fallen into the goo. The typical failure scenario is that the build plate goes in for that initial layer and presses the debris straight through the FEP film. That means resin all over the printer and all over your workspace.
YIKES! I've been very lucky, but I've never had that happen. I'm very sorry that you've had that happen.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote