View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I don't really think of Daredevil as akin to the other two; I think of it as more like Higher Purpose. Both are "you get +1 to all rolls when you're doing X." The various Luck abilities work quite differently.
I don't disagree, and in fact was trying to remember what trait provided a similar bonus. ^^' I kept drawing a blank, and eventually, I needed to get this posted. It is a bit of a shame, as Higher Purpose is currently scheduled on its own. Feel free to make further suggestions on ordering in this thread. I may need to add that to the opening post.

All that being said, Daredevil has about as much in common with Luck as Super Luck does. Daredevil allows you to re-roll critical failures under the same circumstances it provides a +1. Luck allows you up to three rolls to get your desired result. Super Luck simply allows you to *name* your desired result. All three are about probability manipulation through the dice (as opposed to through a coincidence, like Serendipity).
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote