Thread: Powerstone gems
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
platimus

Default Re: Powerstone gems

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
Spell Stone [The procedure for creating an ST battery is not one I am fond of, but I do not feel right about changing it. Currently, a second name is out there called a Power Stone. I don't know the particulars of that one either. So, I had the inspiration, or nightmare, for something similar that I am calling a Spell Stone.]

The Spell Stone is a spell that a low level wizard can cast. Anyone who uses magic can create this if they have the Staff spell. The Spell Stone spell is an offshoot of the Staff spell. To create a Spell Stone, the wizard must cast the spell on a gem with a value of $1,000 SP. The wizard uses 5 ST to create the Spell Stone and then for each 5 additional ST put into the Spell Stone, it stores 1 ST. The ST used for the Spell Stone must come from the wizard, not Aid spells or ST batteries or Drain ST spells. The procedure can last up to a day (24 hours) but must be completed in that time. ST must be entered in increments of 5. The wizard can rest to restore his ST between increments, but the casting must be completed in the allotted time. The Spell Stone can contain an amount of ST equal to the wizard's IQ but no more. A wizard can only have one Spell Stone at a time. Once the Spell stone is created, filled and finalized, it functions like an ST battery that the wizard or another can use to power spells. Drained ST is recovered at a slower rate than a staff, up to 4 ST per day. The Spell Stone does not replace the wizards staff, and indeed, they cannot be used together. The staff can be used or the stone. The wizard can carry both but has to decide.

I'll probably get roasted for posting this, but, if someone else likes it, feel free to use it.
I like it. Seems like what the powerstone should have been.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote