View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 09:34 PM   #7
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Steam Ogre on sale for tabletop fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
"1.6.13.0"

How I got it to hang: I blew up both the bridges across the river. Then I knocked the OGRE down to 1 Tread Unit|1 MP, and no weapons. Then I hemmed it in with my remaining units at the road hex just to the right of the river.

The OGRE does not have enough Tread Units to ram anything, nor does it have enough MP to move into any of the Forest or Swamp hexes; and it cannot shoot. So it just sits there, unable to take any action.
Two things:
1. Which scenario in Nightfall? Nightfall is the campaign, what scenario is where you are seeing this?
2. an Ogre with 1MP not able to move into terrain with 2MP cost is a bug. If that's really what's happening (and why) it needs to be fixed.
5.09 Minimum movement. Regardless of other terrain effects, any unit which is capable of moving at all may move one hex per turn, as long as it is not moving into totally prohibited terrain. For example, a Mobile Howitzer (movement of 1) could move its one hex into a town, even though the normal cost to enter a town is 2 movement points.