View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 12:27 AM   #7
ashareem

Default Re: Error code 430 on startup of GCA

Hi Eric & Armin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I just want to make sure, does this mean that you downloaded and ran the appropriate Reg_Fix from Armin's website (almost certainly the 64-bit version)?

https://www.misersoft.com/gca/docs.php

Yes, indeed.

New wrinkle: I booted up the nearly dead laptop previously mentioned, discovered that it had done a complete system refresh while supposedly powered OFF :/

Ran Windows updates on it. D/L a fresh copy of GCA from Warehouse 23 (which I had also done on the Surface Book), hit run. It installed, checked for updates and appears to more or less be functional, however, I can't seem to get it to apply a racial template to the test character I was going to make.

This leaves me wondering, what's the difference between the Lenovo install and the Surface install. I'll be spending the next few days going over both machines to see if I can igure this out - they both use Windows Defender as the malware, they are on the same network, so go figure. The OS is the sae on both machines, same build, same revision.

Armin, wonderful news about GCA5; I've been keeping an eye one your development blog for it over the past several years.

Last edited by ashareem; 09-23-2020 at 12:29 AM. Reason: clarification
ashareem is offline   Reply With Quote