View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #6
jimminy

Default Re: Error code 430 on startup of GCA

I'm in the same boat here.

I can get the program to run on a very old and very small laptop, but I have no luck on my newer PC and new laptop. I remember trying all the fixes back in the day and eventually getting things to work, but none of them seem to do the trick now. I tend to just copy all the 'Documents' files when I get a new computer. Perhaps some artifact gets transferred over that monkeys with the program. Who knows.

The frustrating thing is it has stopped me from playing GURPS. If I could just get the program working reliably on a device that is comfortable to use I'd probably be running a game now, after about an eight year RPG hiatus, and I'd certainly be buying more Steve Jackson Games products as a result. I have more money than I did ten years ago! Warehouse 23 would be plundered.

I know the program is basically a one man labour of love. Thanks for keeping the game alive all these years. It looks like I'll be waiting for the next version of the program too.