View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Laughing Man

Default Re: The Definite d20/D&D Conversion thread

I am very interested in this, since I am starting my GURPS Pathfinder campaign in a week, which pretty much is D&D.

Just a little question: Is the goal to convert 1:1? Even the silly stuff, like racial skills? They really don't make sense, if you think about them for a few minutes. They are very D&D-esque. If I were to make a GURPS conversion I would make those racial templates as thin as possible and only include the stuff that makes sense.

For example:
Elves [47]
Attribute Modifiers[10]: DX +1 [20], HT -1[-10]
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers[10]: Per +2 [10]
Advantages[25]: Extended Lifespan 5 [5], Less Sleep 4 [8], Magery 0 [5], Night Vision 4 [4], Resistant (Immunity to supernatural “sleep” effects) [5]

No racial skills and also I am using PK's house rules for flavor traits. Makes the template much thinner and also it makes more sense, at least to me. Details like Night vision are arguable, but I wouldn't go too high. A too high Night Vision actually makes the game just boring, not cool or anything. Takes the flavor out of many cool situations.

Later this night I will post templates for all races, just to have those thinner options for people who don't like big templates.

Last edited by Laughing Man; 07-02-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Laughing Man is offline   Reply With Quote