Thread: Appeal to SJG
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Appeal to SJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizensha View Post
As becomes evident on any of the various beastiary threads, the problem with a beastiary as a hardback is that... Everyone wants a different thing from a beastiary. Some want DF monsters, some want natural (but fictional) creatures using stat blocks, some want real creatures using stat blocks, some want natural (but fictional) creatures with costs and templates, and some want real creatures with costs and templates. PDF really is the only way of catering for all five (but the stat blocks/templates aren't mutually exclusive, I think) of these groups without disappointing others due to, well, for every DF-style monster added there's space for (at least) one less natural creature, for every natural creature there's (at least) one less space for a real animal, and for every real animal there's (at least) one less space for a DF-style Monster.

...And some nutcases want ecological notes that serve as a cheat-sheet for building a fictional ecosystem using GURPS that eyeballs at reasonable seeming... Something tells me that we're the group most likely to be disappointed...
I would vote for all of the above; depending on the campaign I was running at the time.

Sounds like a lot of PDFs to me. Or a really huge book.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote