View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
mook

Default Question on Disarm and Ready Weapons

In a separate thread I'm discussing some combat examples I'm working on, and I've hit a snag.

In the third Close Combat example, an unarmed combatant is fighting against an opponent with a broadsword; however, the broadsword is not yet Ready, it's still sheathed.

Does the unarmed fighter have to wait until his opponent's weapon begins a turn as Ready, or can he attempt to disarm immediately following the turn when his opponent declares he is readying (trying to knock the weapon away *as* it is readied, instead of *after*)? I couldn't decide after reading the Disarm rules on B401.

Since a weapon isn't actually Ready until the turn following the choosing of the Ready maneuver (i.e., you can't declare Ready as your maneuver and then immediately Parry if attacked; you have to wait until your next turn), it seems that maybe the weapon can't be disarmed during that time.

On the other hand, this would mean that you could never disarm a weapon until it had at least one chance to attack you, and though implied, the rules don't explicitly say (that I could find) that you can only strike a weapon if it is Ready.

Hope I explained that clearly enough, it's late.

Thanks,
mook is offline   Reply With Quote