View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #93
Charlie Bussey
Banned

Default Re: Munchkin Promotional Bookmarks Complete List

I think it's important that we try to define the "4th" edition style of bookmarks. For the previous "Editions" of bookmarks, it was easy to distinguish because the physical size of the bookmarks changed between "Editions". With the newest "version" or "type" of bookmark, the size has not changed, and there seems to be a variety of different elements.

Some of the newer style bookmarks have rounded corners, some do not. Some are full color on front & back, some are not. For some (like the case of the #Play Munchkin bookmark) there are 2 versions: one w/ rounded edges and full color on the back, and one without rounded edges and black & white on the back.

Since there are a handful of these newer "type" bookmarks released now, from what I can tell, it seems that there are 5 things they all have in common, which maybe we can use to define a "4th Edition" style:
(1) On the front, there's a banner at the very top with social media icons and a hashtag (usually "#PlayMunchkin" but not always). To me, this is likely the most noticeable indicator of a "4th Edition" bookmark.
(2) A promotional picture of a Munchkin product on the back
(3) Large numbers on the back, indicating "steps" to take
(4) The back has a banner at the top that says "RULES"
(5) In the fine print on the back, the last sentence has a "Rules version" number and a date.

Is this a fair way to define "4th Edition" moving forward?

*EDIT*
Since more bookmarks have been released since I first made this list, I have revised my own criteria down to 3 elements for determining a "4th Edition" bookmark:
(1) A social media banner at the top of the front
(2) A large website banner at the bottom of the front
(3) New layout on the back with large numbers (and usually a picture at the bottom)

Last edited by Charlie Bussey; 08-26-2017 at 01:21 AM.