View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
tbone

Default Re: GILBERTO REVISED LOW TECH WEAPONS TABLE

Interesting (and very detailed) system. Setting aside the damage system (which would take some time to digest), I like some of the more general simplifications, like wrapping Shortsword and Broadsword into one skill, and unifying axes & throwing axes into one throwable weapon (with a simple footnote for anyone wanting a non-throwable model). Plus – my favorite – dropping crushing swords from the table. (Those oddball listings are really unnecessary on GURPS' weapons tables; like you, I've always thought a simple footnote, "a sword may be made point-less for -$X", is more than enough. [Has any player actually ever said "yes, I'd like a blunt-tipped sword"?])

One question about that damage, though: Are the damage multipliers set by fiat? Or are they calculated from some inputs in a subsystem that I'm missing?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote