View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
sparky00

Default Re: September 16, 2017: Ogre Invades .*.*. Indiana University?!

The Avalon Hill wargames were gorgeous - nice, colorful counters, beautiful heavy maps, great cases. I played & owned many of them.
They were, however, expensive (on paper-route money), complex & very time-consuming to play.
Rule argument should have been considered a turn phase in itself- somewhere in the 17-phase-turn between LOS calcs & morale checks.
The little $3 game with the cut-em-yourself counters and paper map was my favorite from the day I brought it home. It still is. Even through a cross-breeze could be catastrophic, it was always just more fun to play than any other strategy game.
It is so nice to be able to play Ogre with the beautiful, large counters on those gorgeous, heavy maps. I just love setting up the game and playing it with the ODE & O6E components. Way better even than those pretty Avalon Hill games of years ago. Now, rolling 7 consecutive 1's & a 2 make it pretty hard to trap a Mk III, but that's another story.
Thanks so much for creating Ogre & for your commitment to keeping Ogre in production & expansion.
I do everything I can to spread the word and entice others to play.
Hopefully we can keep this "bigger & better than ever" trend going.
Thanks again,
Erik Krieger
sparky00
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote