View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #544
BLloyd607502

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Same relationship as above quotes, during a downtime session the Bard starts acting really secretive, fiddling with bits of paper, writing something up, disappearing from the pub, whenever anyone asks where he's going he blatently lies, ect.
Eventually, the other PCs start getting suspicious and end up exploring what he's doing.
After...quite some effort, his girlfriend joins in, since she's noticed he's up to something too and, while she trusts him as much as she trusts anyone, ex-villianess habits of paranoia die hard.

When we finally track him down, having seen him visit an armourer, a tailor, a sweet shop, the Alchemist guild...several shady establishments known to house wizards of moral ambiguity, so forth, each place more slightly dodgy than the last...eventually, he goes to a warehouse on the waterfront, with a handcartful of...who knows what...

Eventually...we decide to burst in and confront him...the following dialouge proves what an incredible pokerface the Bard has.

GM; alright, you burst in...*To the bard* Describe the scene...what are you doing anyway?
Bard; You burst into the warehouse, to see the Bard, standing with a circle of Wizards in cowled robes, chanting ominously...dressed...like this.
He puts a picture in the middle of the table...I cannot even being to describe this thing, our Bard is a pretty talented artist...and he'd spent time on this one...think a cross between Sauron, Snidley Whiplash, Thulsa Doom, the worlds worst 'Bad guy soldier' uniform and...well, all designed by queer eye for the straight guy, it was just...well, you get the idea.
The Bard, with utter seriousness, puts on a handlebar mustache in real life, one of those solvent back ones.
Everyone stops.
And looks at the Bard, OOC and IC...who fumbles for a piece of paper and reads it out in a deadpan 'reading the lines' way
"Fools, you are too late, my evil plan has almost come to fruition, not even you can stop me now...mwhahahaha..."
Folds up paper neatly and puts it back in his pocket...Everyone stares on, then looks back at the picture and back at him.
GM: ...*Ex-BBEG* looks at you...and says...'Awha?' (First time she's ever been speechless, in the game)
Bard; NOW MY CIRCLE! CAST THE SPELL! MWHAHAHAHA!!!! *...total switch from 'neat and organized' to chewing the scenery evil, complete with 'tache twirling'*
The groups natural 'hero instinct' kicks in, and we have an epic fight...utterly bewildered and not having a clue what the hell is going on...but the Warehouse is a perfect arena, apparently someone has been modifying it in their spare time and its now a BBEG playground...he constantly chews the scenery through this whole thing...and the girlfriend helps the heroes, utterly bewildered by all this. Huge monolouges about villiany, heroics, friendship and what the hell is going on ensue.
Eventually...gets back to the circle, now almost finishes...whatever they're up to...and the Bard stands victorious over the captured heroes.
'Now, you shall all paaaaaaay!!! Ahahaha!!!"
Girlfriend: *Bursts out of no where* "...why?! I thought you were good! And Kind! And honest! Why!?"
Bard; 'You've tried my side of things...now I am trying yours...Happy anniversarry dear!'
*Cage drops into a relativly warm vat of melted chocolate*
No one says a word...
Almost 2 hours later, after the giggling fits, break, the GM working out what the hell just happened and so forth...
Fighter; "...this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of."
Rouge; "It's kinda cute though..."
Barbarian; "...I need a drink." *Ladels melted chocolate into his mouth using a barrel*
Girlfriend; "You did...what was...we...I never acted like that!"
Barbarian; "Says you."
Bard; "Yeah, but I wanted to go for it whole or not at all...I was going to go pick on some orphans or something...but every time I tried I felt bad and ended up playing with them *Sheepish grin*"
Ex-BBEG; "...*Facepalms*"
Bard; "Well, looks like the ritual is done, thanks guys, here *Pays up a huge amount of gold to the Wizards, who wander off* see you! Safe journey home!"
Fighter: "...what did they do anyway?"
'Well I wanted to do something really ambitious while I was being a villian...look out the window'

He used powerful black magic, a power so violatile and ancient that even the gods themselves fear it at times to carve 'Who loves you babe? Happy anniversary' on the Moon.
The session broke down there for the evening really and didn't continue, how do you continue after that?

He later showed us how he did it, proving himself worryingly competent at being a villian...he wanted us to follow him, otherwise we'd have never known. Go figure.
BLloyd607502 is offline   Reply With Quote