View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Pyramid #3/102: Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Yeah, it being the item's destiny basically makes sense, as long as the item is actually being used to do whatever its designated task is. I'd look a bit more questionably on something like a piece of jewelery that just passively granted a character a destiny-type advantage, but I suppose that's really beyond the scope of these rules anyway, being more of an actual enchantment.
Yeah, that's a bit far afield for what I had in mind.

Quote:
Heh. I'm flattered, but definitely don't sell yourself short. :-) At this point, you've done more than me for the system, arguably.
I get by.

Quote:
Nifty! I particularly like Restricted Gear - it's another useful thing for creating "weapons of destiny".
Ya.

Quote:
Another question about the Crafting Imbuements - I'm looking at Blessed (Inspired Crafter), and I really like what I see. One thing occurs to me, however. I can easily see settings where this trait would be appropriate without any divinity backing it up (Tolkien, for example, has lots of characters who could justify a few levels of this). However, Blessed normally has a pact limitation built in. Do you think it would be reasonable to just have a +10% enhancement, "not supported by divine forces", to waive that requirement?
I'd just use the cost as is as long as it has a prerequisite like it can only be had by a specific race or has another power modifier on it.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote