View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #7
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Pyramid #3/102: Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
That's discussed in "Crafting Imbuement Specialties" on p. 7.
Ah, so it is. Somehow, my eyes just glazed over that. Thanks for setting me straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
I don't think that the user/wielder is involved at all here; it's the item's Destiny, not theirs. So I'd just add this via Infuse Gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Yup. Infuse Gear is the go-to. I'd allow up to 4 levels and use the rules for narrow and broad scope from Pyramid #3/66 Laws of Magic (p. 16) depending on its destiny.
Yeah, it being the item's destiny basically makes sense, as long as the item is actually being used to do whatever its designated task is. I'd look a bit more questionably on something like a piece of jewelery that just passively granted a character a destiny-type advantage, but I suppose that's really beyond the scope of these rules anyway, being more of an actual enchantment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer
Thanks! That's high-praise coming from the guy who started the whole "What else can imbuements do?" theme.
Heh. I'm flattered, but definitely don't sell yourself short. :-) At this point, you've done more than me for the system, arguably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer
I also have some Designer's Notes up on my blog.
Nifty! I particularly like Restricted Gear - it's another useful thing for creating "weapons of destiny".

Another question about the Crafting Imbuements - I'm looking at Blessed (Inspired Crafter), and I really like what I see. One thing occurs to me, however. I can easily see settings where this trait would be appropriate without any divinity backing it up (Tolkien, for example, has lots of characters who could justify a few levels of this). However, Blessed normally has a pact limitation built in. Do you think it would be reasonable to just have a +10% enhancement, "not supported by divine forces", to waive that requirement?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote