View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
DeathDaisy

Default Re: Need help with some stuff with Ritual/Path magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
Alight friends. I went and bought the book. I've read it pretty much over to cover and I love it.

I only have two questions.

My concern is is there a way to make the recipient of the spell resist at a lower number? Perhaps by paying more energy into the spell? I'm not quite sure if I skipped it, but I don't think I did. Any thoughts?
IIRC, you can use the Bestow a Penalty modifier to lower their resistance roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
My next question, is how does one raise their effective path skill with the limit above 12? I know Margery and such raises it. But how does one cast at say a 14 or a 15 without investing 100+cp into the various base skill+Margery?

For example, it'd be nice to be able to make mana batteries, and charms, and elixirs at a decent skill level along with combat fireballs at a 15 etc.
I don't think you can get a default over 12 without investing the points. Without training and advantages, you won't be throwing any fireballs without considerable risk and time investment to create charms, what with all the penalties. An effective mage needs the skills and advantages, probably for balance reasons. Grimoires and such can sometimes act as "batteries", but can't be a substitute for real training and talent, I'd say.
DeathDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote