View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
gpoehlein

Default Re: Future support for TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
Sorry to hear this. TFT was always my favorite game. Played it until GURPS came out. I have been hoping that it was back to stay. I was planning on getting hardbacks to replace my orginal sets. Maybe I should just save my money if SJG is not serious about bringing it back. After all, I have all the origial Metagaming copies.
I'm not really getting how you come to the conclusion that SJG isn't serious about bringing back TFT. They have already committed, through the Kickstarter, to bring out Melee, Wizard, ITL, Death Test I & II, Tolenkar's Lair and a boatload of extras. They are already planning a second Kickstarter for TFT next spring. If other Kickstarter titles are any indication, TFT is not a "one and done" event, but the game will be available through Warehouse 23 for as long as it sells. As Phil said, as long as the demand remains they will continue supporting the game - the corollary of which is why would they continue to support a game that isn't selling? (Not that I think that is remotely likely given the number of stretch goals that have been set up and knocked down by the patrons). I see nothing BUT serious support for the game!
gpoehlein is offline   Reply With Quote