View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:28 AM   #57
Icelander

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
This is excellent stuff. It was fun doing bits of research for you anyway, but seeing what kind of game is coming out makes it really worthwhile.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
The guard who had a flashbang go off on his webbing may well be on fire.
I did some Googling and checked what happened to people who had flashbangs go off too close to them. Several tactical operators died on the scene when their flashbangs exploded in contact with them, about 50% of the sample of 7-9 in news reports I could find. I couldn't find a report where the injuries were minor. Most of the survivors suffered third degree burns, one lost a leg (went off by his foot) and one lost an arm (was holding it).

This suggests to me that the incidental damage of a typical flashbang, in addition to the affliction, might be around 1d-1 to 1d+1 burn ex. Pretty much harmless at any distance over a yard, but potentially dangerous if closer than that. Having a flashbang go off while strapped about an inch from your heart is probably an automatic critical hit to the vitals, in addition to the normal maximum damage of a contact explosive.

The poor guard might be on fire, yes. He might also have had burning magnesium or aluminum sprayed in his face and the outer layer of his heart instantly heated to some smaller, but still significant, fraction of 2900 °F.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-02-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote