View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #35
LokRobster

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
3. GURPS Mars [4th edition GURPS]: Carry on with the current campaign. Setting: An inhabited Mars in the nineteenth century, which people from Earth have begun to visit. Theme: Exploration and discovery. Characters: Ordinary human beings who have travelled to Mars in search of knowledge, wealth, or strange experiences.
I feel like you can't go wrong with the Livable Fanstasy Mars style. Only hit 3rd preference due to a couple of others standing out more.

Quote:
5. GURPS Space [4th edition GURPS]: A campaign about frontier life. Setting: Pavonis Portal, a colony of the Brazilian Empire on Mars, and the ground terminus of the orbital elevator on Mars in the twenty-fourth century. Theme: To be chosen by the players. Characters: Residents of Pavonis Portal, often but not always of Brazilian descent.
a cool idea but I'd try the others first.

Quote:
2. GURPS Supers [4th edition GURPS]: A campaign about people with superhuman abilities. Setting: The United States in the years right after World War II, in a world where people with special abilities have been around since the 1800s. Theme: Changing the world. Characters: Human (or other) beings with extraordinary abilities trying to find or make a place in a postwar world where they or others like them played a major role in the war. Power level to be decided by the players: streetlevel, classic, or major military asset.
This is my number 2 preference, but only at the streetlevel view and low power. Maybe because I loved the recently cancelled "Powerless" TV Comedy series so much. I think there'd be some good stories and gaming plots to be had in a Supers-type world that pitted low-powered super characters w/ their wits and tech against Normals and High Powered Supers (probably indirectly for survivability's sake).

Quote:
1. Mage: The Ascension [2nd edition]: A campaign about secret magic in the modern world. Setting: London in the years before World War I. Theme: The conflict between science and wonder. Characters: Students of magic who have awakened to the true nature of reality—and the struggle to control it.
This sounds the most interesting to me. I've not tried any of the WoD ruelsets but am passingly familiar with them. A good GM and story would outweigh games system for my tastes. If *I* ran any of these, it'd have to be GURPSified. I like the "Secret Magic" early TL6 concept.

Quote:
4. Sorcerer (part of the World of Darkness): A campaign about the slow failure of civilization. Setting: A college town in the Midwest in the mid-21st century, in a world where technology is breaking down and magic is reawakening. Theme: Survival and mutual trust in the face of the unknown. Characters: Small town people with useful knowledge and skills. A minimal level of magical arts will be an option.
Another one where I'd have to trust a GM's running style and an unfamiliar rule set. I'd love to explore the "why don't my tech work no more" aspect and have it make sense in the plot development.